Monday, September 6, 2010

Connor's Birthday...

On Monday, September 6th at 12:47 a.m. I was awaken by some contractions... I told Ryan to start timing the contractions. They were about 1 minute long and three minutes apart. A few hours later the contractions began to get stronger and so I decided that we should "Make the trip".... We arrived at the hospital around a little after 5:00a.m. They decided that I wasn't dilated far enough to start labor, so they told us to start walking the halls. It was pretty nice because of Labor Day, there was no one there. We were the only ones walking the halls. It felt like we rented out the hospital for his special day. They had me walk till 8:30a.m.



Ryan actually took a short nap while I walked the last hour. It was such an amazing experience for Ryan and I! Well finally the nurse walked in with the doctor's finale decision.... "The doctor wants to go ahead and brake your water." We instantly became so excited that we would become parents in a few hours! So at 10:58a.m. the doctor came in and broke my water... I knew at this point our lil Connor was coming.




Since I was so tense from the contractions, I decided to take a bath in the jetted tub. Yes, there was a tub in my room and it was so relaxing. After the bath, I decided to walk a few laps just to speed up the process. Once I got back to the room, my contractions had become a lot more intense... I was dilated to a five and I couldn't focus because the pain was too intense. At 12:45 p.m. they inserted my epidural and once that started I became very relaxed. Time seemed to pass very quickly... And it was going so smoothly. Then the nurse walked in at 3:00pm and I was dilated to an 8 and 90% effaced. Then after about an hour, he began the descent. And then finally, the nurse came in and said I was dilated to a 10 and 100%...




"It's time to start pushing." And then doctor came in to confirm shortly after. Around 5:00p.m. I began pushing... an hour later.... Approximately at 6:09p.m. our lives changed. The most amazing miracle. They laid him across my chest and the tears ran down my cheeks. My heart just was filled with joy... our Connor was finally here.

3 comments:

  1. Yea!! He's here way to go girl he is Beautiful!!Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Geneve... he is just precious. He's so cute for a newborn. I'm glad everything went well and that you are enjoying your sweet little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again G... he is so beautiful... I am so happy all went well and that you and Conner are happy and healthy... Love you guys and hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete